Sep 1, 2013

Progress

I woke up this morning at 7:00 and decided to get the road bike out and try to put in a few miles before that giant, blazing ball of fire sheds its oppressive heat down on my out-of-shape, fatty, self. The longer I lay in bed, the less chance I have of actually following through with the thought of riding. ... And, so it was, that I aired the tires on the road bike, dug a water bottle out of the closet, stretched my heavy legs and set out into the morning light. Shockingly enough, it was not as hellaciously painful as I thought it would have been. It was a downright awesome little jaunt. 8 miles in total, which is nothing really, but it is something to me these days. The lack of riding I did this summer marked an all-time low for me. I haven’t ridden this little since… before I started riding. And it shows. A lot. But, things can only get better from here. When you’re at rock bottom you can only go up right? Right. Progress.

Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch.

2 comments:

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

Its that you got out and rode that matters. Sometimes my road bike hangs for a while when I'm. Busy doing other stuff or riding different bikes. Everytime I do get out on it I'm amazed by how fast I feel on it. I kick myself and wonder why I don't ride it more often.

Got out of work early and busted out 30 miles on my roadbike yesterday afternoon. Finished in 1:51 so pretty happy with my fitness now. It was only 60 degrees so I wore tights and long sleeve Jersey. Big change from the previous ride when it was 96 F.

Great to see you've got out on 2 wheels and lucky you finding some local single track for mtb.

Mike said...

RCT:

Thanks, it definitely felt great to spin the cranks for once. I sure missed it.

These fall temps are great, lets take advantage of them!