Sep 7, 2012

Hear me Rohr

I've really been on an HDR kick lately. This is primarily because the latest version of Photomatix makes merging multiple exposures incredibly simple. The D800 is a real thrill to shoot with and I'm taking it with me everywhere I go. I've been using my Tamron 28-300mm lens with it for the last week and they make a great team.

Last night while leaving the office, I bracketed 3 stops above and 3 stops below proper exposure for a couple of scenes in the shop. This is a 1000 series car, WMATA's oldest series of rail car, built in 1973 by Rohr Industries. They came out great in my humble opinion. I really love that hyper saturated, hyper detailed, surreal, look of this HDR image. It's also kind of neat to note that this particular car, Car 1002, is the third car delivered to WMATA's rail system (After cars 1000, 1001 & 1002).



No comments: