I spent a little while this afternoon, trying to sight my Sheridan air rifle a bit more accurately. The other day I installed a scope and zeroed it shooting with 5 pumps worth of pressure behind each pellet. Today I decided it ought to be zeroed using the maximum amount of force; 10 pumps. And so I set the targets up again, at exactly 15 yards. This time I made a make-shift shooting bench from a pile of bricks and a towel. This greatly improved my accuracy. Below are the results.
I was able to put 6 pellets in the bull, four of which were overlapping, so I decided to have some fun. I placed an egg on a log and took aim. The egg was pretty much the same size of the bull so I had no problem smacking it on the first try. I perched my camera next to the egg to capture the desctruction. Below is a video I made with Adobe Premier Pro. Enjoy: