Dec 23, 2011

Happy Holidays

It's nearly Xmas eve and I've been one busy guy this month. Work has taken me to Milwaukee (awesome town!), Charlotte (also awesome) and continues to send me to other interesting spots in the new year like Allentown, PA (not so awesome). But, still, I enjoy the experience of traveling and all of the interactions, foods and situations that come along with that. Milwaukee was a blast; I spent some time in the 3rd Ward which was full of hip & happening joints and gorged myself at a sea food market where I chowed down on a tasty lobster for only $14. You can't beat that price. I reassured myself that I simply couldn't afford NOT to eat my steamy little friend. The best part of it was that the lobster had a great fresh flavor. Now, I've been known to breakdown and shlep my water bug-craving ass into Red Lobster from time to time - and let me clarify this is only when I had hit rock bottom in my lobster addiction. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not exactly ashamed either. Red Lobster is like shwag lobster I pick up when I'm really fiending. Most of the time, if you want the good stuff, you gotta pay top dollar. So, to eat an awesome lobster for $14 was so right-on. The half-dozen Blue Point oysters I slurped down weren't bad either.

Look for a lot more noise coming out of this blog in 2012. This year has been a rough one on me; my lack of blogging these past couple of months speak to that. Here's to a happy holiday for everyone and a fruitful new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to see you posting again. i wish you all the best for 2012! from a reader in deepest darkest aberdeenshire,scotland who has followed your posts since arby on roadbikereview

Anonymous said...

Ha! Thanks :). Happy new year!