Mar 7, 2011

Home away from home

I haven't written in a long time and let's just say that MUCH has happened. I'm not even going to try to catch the world wide web up to speed. As I type this, I'm sitting in a hotel in East Baltimore (Dundalk). I just got back from having dinner with an old friend I used to work with when I lived here in Baltimore. My good friend Michael Long is doing well. He was a mentor of mine when I lived here and had what I thought was a crazy life. I have since learned that life is in fact crazy. Go figure.

When I got back to the hotel today the sun was pouring into my room and the heater was wafting the curtain up into the air. The natural light, mustard yellow carpeting and robotic features of the plastic heater begged to be photographed. I spent some time framing the scene with my point & shoot and really enjoyed myself. I love it when I get caught up in the moment and end up taking a zillion pictures of what some consider an ordinary sight. Like my grody bathroom series I took last year. I actually put together a nice little series of photos which I think convey a strong sense of place: the business man's home away from home if you will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how life comes around sometimes...

Nice pics too...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Stick! I have been reading your reviews but have not had any time to get out and enjoy the woods lately. Hope all is well your way.