Jan 21, 2011

I'll be on the AT

I'm off for a backpacking trip along the AT in Harriman State Park. I'll be back on Sunday night. While you're snug as a bug I hope to be in the same shape, albeit in a rock shelter or in my tent over the next two nights. Despite a head cold that came on at the last minute, I'm still excited to be out there in the wintry wilderness! I'll leave you with a little Robert Frost.

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, hope yall are having a great time, and taking lots of cool pics...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Stick! Great trip; have an awful cold now, but well worth it! Froze my ass off in my 20F bag with 20F liner. Need a zero bag!