Dec 24, 2010

Let's wrap this up

Life has been crazy lately. My wife's Grandpa underwent triple bypass surgery this past Tuesday. Internal bleeding had the doctors operating on his chest two additional times. Remarkably, Harold is doing wonderfully well now. We have been spending all of our time at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital on 168th Street, keeping him company. He's going to be OK. He's in fantastic shape for a 90 year old.

All of the hospital visits and a handful of other unpleasantness I've recently been dealing with, have drained me of my holiday cheer this year. I'm ready for the holidays to be over already. I've been a bit scatter brained about buying gifts for people and I forgot to buy wrapping paper. So I found myself making a late night run to find some Xmas wrapping paper. I took my Bianchi and rode down Broadway on an Xmas even quest. Luckily, I found a couple of rolls at a bodega. After leaving the bodega I popped into the hospital to say goodnight to Harold and then rode back home.

Now I find myself sitting on the couch staring at the Xmas tree which is pretty much bone dry and dead, despite religiously watering the sad thing. Still, it's better than a fake tree. It smells fantastic. There are no decorations on the tree this year; maybe next year. Just some colored lights. You should see the lobby of my building though; wow. The Super really went all out. It's like walking through Candy Land or something. Anyway, let's just get this Xmas wrapped up. I'm off next week and hopefully I'll be putting in some miles in the woods on frozen earth. We shall see.

2 comments:

Wayward Son said...

You may have to shovel your way out if you want to ride Sunday. From the look of your weather forecast, it might be a tad deep. At least you were able to get a ride in...I'm stuck on the trainer until the salt washes off the road in spring. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! The salt is a big pain in the butt. I've been good about washing it off the bikes and keeping the chains lubed. I'm looking forward to spring already haha.