May 23, 2010

Transboro ride

iPhone snapshot of one of the pylons for the Roosevelt Island Tram. Taken from the Queensboro Bridge.

I met my friend, Dave, down in Murray Hill this morning on my road bike. We had planned getting the mountain bikes out today, and heading up to Sprain Ridge but due to threatening weather, decided to keep it local and take out the skinny-tired bikes instead.
Here's a quick recap of my ride today:
  • Penn Station to to Murray Hill (quick stop at Sid's Bike Shop to look for new knobby tires)
  • Murray Hill up to 60th & across the Queensboro Bridge
  • North to 36th Ave and across the Roosevelt Island Bridge to (you guessed it) Roosevelt Island
  • Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA (for 30 minutes)
  • F train one stop to Lexington & 63rd
  • West to Broadway and chugged north all the way home listening to old school hip hop on the iPod
iPhone snap of the 1,2,3 Line at 125th Street. I love this section of track.

No comments: