May 1, 2010

Friday night climbing

Got a few more hours of climbing in at Brooklyn Boulders (BKB) on Friday night. It's become a regular Friday night ritual now and I'm lovin' it. Between top-roping and bouldering at BKB and at Rat Rock during the week, I'm scrambling up rocks less and strategically climbing more. Feels great climbing twice a week and its just often enough to stay focused on improving and to allow my fingers to heal.

My buddy Chris and I have been working our way up the ladder at Brooklyn Boulders. We're climbing 5.8's and 5.9's consistently and hitting the V2's with less and less difficulty. Soon, I'd like to buy some rope and head to The Gunks for some easy top roping - just to get my feet wet on natural rock. That day is getting closer and closer.

Chris just got some new shoes and a harness and was a lot more comfortable climbing. On a funny note, his sweating feet caused the red leather of his shoes to bleed and when he took them off at the end of the night his feet looked hilarious. They looked like a cartoon character's feet look when they've been burned or something. See for yourself! The best part of this whole thing (in my opinion) is that Chris wore flip-flops that night. Despite the red feet he did conquer a few tough problems last night. Check out the video on Vimeo.

No comments: