Apr 25, 2010

Chunk Light

The new neighborhood has two main grocery stores. The Associated and Frank's Market. Like most people living here, we go to The Associated for the cheap necessities and to Frank's for the good stuff. While in The Associated, I was struck by the Andy Warhol appearance of the tuna. This only reinforced my new found detest for mass harvested meats. A friend of mine turned me on to Jonathan Safran Foer's book, Eating Animals. The book is not intended to turn you into a vegetarian (although that's what happened to me) but instead, expose the grotesque, inhumane and unethical practices of factory farms here in the US. It's a hell of an eye opener. I won't gross you out with details here, but you should pick up/download a copy and find out what you're really eating.

Location:Fort Washington Ave,New York,United States

No comments: