Dec 31, 2009

Snow glorious snow.

Before I went to bed last night, I laid out my gear for the next day's ride. It would be the maiden voyage of my new F1. I filled my camelbak, mounted knobbier tires, lubed my chain and went to bed. Throughout the night I tossed and turned, imagining myself zipping through the woods, lofting over rocks and logs and enjoying bottomless suspension. At 7am I couldn't take it any longer and I got up and went to lurk in the forums at mtbr.com. A short while later I took a shower. When I got out of the shower I did a double take when I walked past a window. "what the?! .... YES!" I watched as a flurry quickly developed into a storm which was rapidly blanketing my hood.

As I sit here eating a chunk of baguette with home made marmalade I anxiously count down the minutes until I must pedal out to the station and catch the train to Hastings on Hudson where I'll ride to the trail head at Sprain Ridge. Alex will be on the 9:20 train out of Grand Central and we'll catch up on things as he's been out of town for the last couple weeks.

So, my first real ride on the F1 will be in the snow. Should be sloppy! Full ride report and pics as soon as I can.

No comments: