Dec 16, 2009

Nostalgia and Christmas

Christmas time is a very nostalgic time for me. I'm a pretty nostalgic person in general, but even more so at this time of year. A big part of my Christmas excitement came from playing with my dad's Lionels. He had a large collection of O-gage cars back then. He's since given a lot of his sets to my brothers and sisters. Just a couple of years ago he gave me a fabulous engine and about 25 cars to go with it. I spent the other night shooting each one just for fun. And now I have a small train yard at the base of our Christmas tree. The particular car below is one I vividly remember playing with. (See my lionels here)

I know, for certain, that my love for trains is the result of this seed planted by my father long ago. Although difficult and stressful at times, I love working at Kawasaki Rail Car, and resolving field and engineering issues with the subway cars we provide this great city with.

No comments: