Nov 12, 2009

A Retroactive Post

Boy, I've been one busy guy. My website and blog have seen absolutely no love. I'm sure my readers are extremely disappointed! (both of them) I have been doing a lot of riding these last few weekends despite the very slow recovery of my elbows. They ache pretty badly these days, but only when in use... is that a good thing?

I wanted to throw up a few snapshots from a couple of great mountainbike rides I recently took with a couple of friends. So here we go:

November 7, 2009 – Cunningham Park , Jamaica Queens.

Another great day of riding. It never ceases to amaze me, just how excellent the singletrack is, at Cunningham. What's lacking in quantity is made up for in quality. It's chuck full o' tight and twisty trails with lots of jumps, dips and dives. I love it.

Alex carving a turn at Cunningham park

November 1, 2009 – Blue Mountain Reservation, Peekskill, NY.

Great day of riding, although it was jam packed full of stops. We spent the entire ride trying to figure out just where the hell we were. There were so many leaves down that the trails blended in and disappeared. GPS tracking later told me that we spent about 85% of the ride in Depew Park. Nevertheless, we had a great time and the singlespeed was a blast to ride.

Click here for a giant panoramic view of a swamp we came across.

My singlespeed pleasure machine


2 comments:

d.lowe said...

glad to hear your riding, my cross season ends in a few more weeks and then out on the SS mtb for fun. cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks D. It's great to be back out on the trails! If you ever want to hit some NYC singletrack, hit me up!