May 21, 2006

Sheila's Yardsale

Yesterday was great. Our good friend, Sheila, had a big yard sale and we were able to get rid of a bunch of old junk as well as score a much needed shower caddy. Sheila and I did some bike part swapping as well... now I have a nice clamp on rear bike rack with a bag for it. Excellent!

Sheila had a ton of retro bike stuff. I had never seen the Shimano 600 groupo but it was pretty neat. I wouldn't mind building up a nice lugged frame with a full 600 groupo some day.

The day was spent flagging nice people down and convincing people that they really did need the things we were selling. My girlfriend and I made a whopping $15.00 for the day. Nice. Sheila fired up her BBQ and we had some tasty burgers and sat around relaxing while neighbors picked through our goods. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Below are a few pictures from yesterday:











-Mike

No comments: