Oct 6, 2005

Ed Sandor Race - 4th place

This past Sunday, was my second cyclocross race of this season. I raced Category C once more. Again I walked away with a near win. Close; but no C-gar.

The race started off great, I was called up from earning 2nd place in the Charm City Cross race the week before so I had a good starting position.

Right off the bat I had a good start, cranked up to my typical race start surge and was out in front right away. I had a 42 second gap on the pack during the first lap, which only increased in lap 2. I was feeling great!

Then I flatted. Not having a spare tube/tire/wheel... I decided to just hammer it out on a flat rear wheel. "There goes the win" I thought... I just kept hammering thinking, at least I can hang on to 2nd or 3rd.... nope. I ended up getting 4th place which I'm happy with, but it's a little frustrating to loose slots due to mechanical issues.

Next Sunday takes me to Buckingham, PA just north of Philly for the EVO Verge MAC Cyclocross Series Race No.1 - I'll be racing B's this time!

No comments: