Oct 20, 2005

Cop Car Crash...

So, I didn't get too much sleep last night. At 1:40am this morning, I heard the sound of police syrens... then a large BOOM... and then silence. This is not the first time I've heard this familiar series of sounds. I rolled out of bed, threw on some pants, grabbed the Nikon and stepped out into the early morning darkness, which was, with all the flashing lights, quickly becoming very discotheque. The corner of my block was rapidly flooding with cop cars, fire trucks, police tactical trucks, rescue units and ambulances.

Being mistaken for The Press (which happens often and is a lot of fun) I got the low down on what had happened from some looky-lous. Apparently, the cop car was headed west on Preston St. and collided with two northbound cars on Calvert St. I don't know the extent of the injuries, but I can confirm that everyone involved had to be pulled/cut from their cars and all left in ambulances.


Here's a Public Service Announcement to all who drive cars in this city: Yield to the cars with the flashing lights and loud sirens.

- Mike

No comments: