Jan 25, 2014

New Rail Grip for my AR

While I was visiting my little brother, down in at Camp Lejeune, in North Carolina, I picked up a much needed piece of equipment for my AR-15.  Because my Mossberg is a flat-top, I needed to raise my scope much higher off the receiver than is typical with rifles. The piece I needed is called a "rail grip".  It simply raises your top rail by about an inch so that when you shoulder the rifle, the scope aligns comfortably with your eye.  Without a rail grip, you're left to using ridiculously tall scope rings, that just look silly.  One of the tactical gun shops that my brother took me to last weekend has the rail grip I needed for a mere $15.  Now I am finally ready to get this rifle to the range!  (If only this cold weather would break)

No comments: