Jan 3, 2014

I'm water fasting - Here goes!

Day 1, January 2, 2014 Weight:  216lbs

I'm water fasting.  After months of failed dieting and a lot of frustration, I've decided I'm going to fast and drink only water for the next several days.  I've read a lot of articles and watched many videos about water fasting and concluded that it's something I want to do for several reasons:  To loose weight, to cleanse myself of toxins, reestablish some healthy eating habits and to prove to myself that I have the will power and perseverance to tackle this personal challenge.  This will be a physical and mental battle.  I'll keep you posted with daily updates.  

Currently its 6:00pm.  I worked all day and, surprisingly, the hunger didn't bother me too badly.  I drank about a liter and a half of water while I worked away at my desk.  I first noticed that I was hungry around 9:30am.  By this time I typically break out a sandwich and mow down.  I did have a headache that came and went, off and on, most of the day.  But it never got too bad.  I didn't take any headache medicine for it.  I think that fasting didn't bother me too much today because I would often check online and read a little here and a little there about other people's experiences and success.  Here's a great website I am using as my information source and guidance through this journey:  allaboutfasting.com

4 comments:

RoadQueen said...

Mike - the diet is water only? No coffee, tea, juice, etc?

Mike said...

Yep! Just water.

RoadQueen said...

Interesting....I'm eager to see how it goes for you. I've been looking into juice fasting, maybe mixing it up with water fasting would be an option.

Mike said...

Water fasting is apparently the most aggressive type of fasting. I'm sure it's not going to be a pleasant voyage but we shall see. No backing out now; I already blogged it! What's worse; I have comments going now!

Stay tuned!