Aug 31, 2013

Toyota Tacoma

I never “officially announced” my new vehicle that I bought this past fall. Yes, I traded the jeep in towards a more economical vehicle; a 2013 Toyota Tacoma. I drive 110 miles each day, from Westminster to Greenbelt MD where I work, and the jeep just wasn’t the best daily driver for that kind of commute. I’m loving my Tacoma. For what I lost in my 3” lift and 33” tires, I made up for with fuel efficiency, comfort and practicality. The truck bed is so handy for those trips to the Home Depot, the dump and will, hopefully be put to use hauling a big buck home from the Frederick Watershed this coming deer season. I miss driving stick, but an automatic transmission is a blessing in stop & go traffic around the beltway. I haven’t had a chance to get it off-road until this past weekend during a camping trip with my buddy Hoopsie. We met up in Wellsboro, PA and spent the weekend mudding near the campground we stayed at. I was pleased at how the Tacoma did on some super steep climbs and the deep mud. Although I did get bogged down in a large pit that was as deep at my 31” tires. I just put some Definity Dakota M/T’s on, but it was just too soupy for me to get out of. Luckily, I was able to toss a toe-strap to Hoopsie helped pull me out with his JK



2 comments:

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

Sweet Toy! I had a little 2WD Toyota back in the 90's. That thing just ran and ran. Not to good in the snow. I kept a come along behind the seat and bunch of climbing rope and I was always winching my out of stuck spots. Can't beat the utility of a pickup bed. I sure miss mine.

Mike said...

RCT:

Yeah, I am totally loving my Tacoma. It's comfy AND capable!