Sep 12, 2012

Mauch Chunk Lake

Work has been extremely hectic this week. So much so, that I haven’t had a moment to process the photos I took this past weekend while I was camping. Last Friday, my friend Keith and I met at Mauch Chunk Lake Park right outside of Jim Thorpe, PA and spent the weekend at the campground. We ventured in to town a bit on Saturday morning but otherwise spent a lot of time reminiscing and catching up on things. Saturday afternoon a major storm rolled through and it rained on and off for the rest of the day and night. However, we didn’t retire to the tent immediately. Instead, we spent a lot of time outside in the drizzle, wearing rain coats taking mini hikes around the lake and trying to keep the fire going. Keith was wearing a yellow rain suit which gave off a great glow by the light of his head lamp. I shot a few different scenes with him as the subject. This one in particular I like quite a bit. His headlamp really lights up the inside of the cooler and is hidden enough that it looks as if the cooler may be the light source itself.

I also shot a few sunrise photos on both mornings. I had my camera mounted on the tripod on the shore of the lake by 6:45 both mornings. Saturday morning was overcast but Sunday morning was glorious.

No comments: