Mar 13, 2012

Endomondo App

I've been meaning to blog about the Endomondo app I have been using with my iPhone 4s. Maybe you haven't noticed, but usually, when I say how many miles I rode in a blog post, I hyperlink the mileage. If you click the link it will take you to my "work out" at Endomondo.com. What I love about this app... First; it's free. Had to get that out of the way. But other than being free it's incredibly easy to use. You just open the app, select the activity (road riding, running, mountain biking, kitten juggling etc) and off you go. You of course enter your personal information (height & weight) when you initially join Endomondo. The app then tracks your distance, speed, elevation gain & loss and even the calories burned. I've found it to be incredibly accurate. When you're finished riding, you just stop the app (though it can be set to automatically stop after 10 seconds of no movement - and automatically resume when movement is detected again). You can then view your route in satellite or map view just as you would with Google Maps. What's even cooler is that you can then log in, online, and view your statistics, set goals etc. Pretty awesome. I chose to embed today's ride just for kicks. I love it.



No comments: