Mar 21, 2012

Caribou

I've been listening to a lot of The Pixies lately, and the other day, while riding at Schaeffer Farms, I had this song stuck in my head. I think The Pixies are one of my all time favorite bands. I love the lyrics to this song, Caribou. Though they're meaning is quite ambiguous, I feel like they apply to my move from the city to the country; and my life in general. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I'll have another cup.

Caribou Lyrics:
I live cement, I hate this street, Give dirt to me, I bite lament. This human form, Where I was born, I now repent. (Caribou [3x]) Repent, Re-pe-ent.

Give me white, Ground to run, And foregone, Lets me knife, Knife me lets. I will get, What I like. (Caribou [3x]) Repent, Rep-pent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Pixies are my all time favorite band. Great Video. Thanks for posting.

J from TX

Mike said...

You gotta love the Pixies. Doolittle is my favorite album. Glad you dig!