Nov 6, 2010

Tekka maki portraits

A piece of sushi sat on a plate, in our kitchen, for two days (Kinda' gross I know). But as it dried out, the once soft and fleshy, tuna had hardened to a deadly Jolly Rancher of deep purple colored fish. Still glossy, the seaweed wrapper, black, rigid and crisp, hugged the rock hard rice crystals. The poor wrap-job had split open as if it were unable to contain the roll's odoriferous core. Beneath the wrapper the outlines and bulges of rice grains were defined, creating a topography on the outside of the roll. I picked it up and examined it. It was rock hard and unmoving. I shook it back and forth in front of my eyes. Not a single grain detached from the roll. The color of the tuna had turned from a lively and appetizing red to the a fore mentioned deep purple. I opened the garbage can and held Mr.Tekka Maki over the bag inside. I couldn't drop him. I thought to myself: I should play with this. And so the garbage can slapped shut as I walked my dead friend into the living room where I could light him up and tinker with my point & shoot. Below are a few fun images. All taken with the Canon S90 point & shoot camera.







2 comments:

recumbent conspiracy theorist said...

Bizarre yet clever subject matter for the little Cannon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks; had a good bit of fun with it!