Oct 17, 2010

Philly: brain slices and jarred you-name-its.

Instead of mountainbiking today, my wife, her folks, and I drove down to the City of Brotherly Love this morning to visit my wife's sister, Becky. She's in her first semester of grad school at Widener University in Philadelphia. It was good to see her and she looks like she's settled into the stress of grad school well. We met her boyfriend, Brian, who seems like a cool guy; I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him. She took us to an awesome place for lunch: The Famous 4th Street Delicatessen. After thoroughly gorging ourselves on extremely over sized servings we walked over to the Mutter Museum. I have been to this museum once before and it's eerily entertaining. Visit the website to see what I mean... creepy shit. Fascinating at the same time. I'm talking about jarred brains and organs, numerous skulls, skeletons and other body parts best kept covered in epidermis if you ask me.

No comments: