iPhone snapshot: My wife sits below decks on the USS Intrepid
Today was my 32nd birthday. One of the best birthday's I've had in a long time. My wife and I spent the entire day together, which was fantastic because we haven't been able to spend any real quality time together lately. Not only did she get me the new Bike Snob book, but we did some really fun stuff today:
- We had breakfast at the Popover Cafe. I've never had a popover before; they're a new favorite food of mine.
- We toured the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum and I saw a bunch of stuff I really miss from my days of working on planes in school and at USAirways.
- I ran through a public fountain with timed water blasts and got soaked. (next time I'll make it)
- We both slurped ice cream cones in the blazing heat as it ran down our forearms and all over the ground.
- We took the Circle Line cruise around the southern tip of Manhattan and back, which was awesome because the tour guide was knowledgeable AND funny.
- We had some amazing sushi at Haru on the upper west side.