Feb 23, 2010

Oyster Bar

I intended to spend the day outside, shooting mid town but due to the rainy weather, I ended up spending a few hours walking around Penn Station and Grand Central with a good friend. When we grew tired (and hungry) we stopped into the famous Oyster Bar at Grand Central. I've always wanted to go in there. Stepping into this place is like stepping into the past. I ate 10 Blue Point oysters and called it a night. I'll be going back tomorrow to give Carlos, the waiter, a few snapshots I took of him.

2 comments:

Georges Rouan said...

Great picture of the oyster bar- One of my favorite spots just because of the ceiling.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, it's got a great ceiling indeed. The walls are fantastic, lots of texture and I love the lighting. I'm actually creating a series for this place which should be complete (hopefully) in the next month. I'll post it up when I'm done.