Jan 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

I was getting cabin fever hanging around the house this morning. My wife and I were both a little groggy from celebrating New Year's last night (kissing 2009 good bye) and sitting on the couch suddenly became unbearable. I decided to pedal my road bike around the neighborhood for an hour or so. It felt great to stretch the legs and work that lump out of my left knee from yesterday's crash on the mountainbike. I ended up at the Cloisters sitting on a bench over looking the George Washington Bridge & Hudson River pondering what 2010 will bring. Will I get my fat ass back into racing shape? Will I come close? Will I be working on any exciting new rail cars? Will my wife and I get out of the country, if only for a couple of days? Who knows. You never know what life is going to throw at you. I only hope it doesn't sling as much crap as it did in 2009. (Lots of illness, death, broken elbows)

As for my resolution(s): I want to take more photos, I want to ride more, I want to spend more time with my wife and I want to learn more. (about everything I come in contact with)

No comments: