Jun 8, 2008

Framing a Century: Master Photographers, 1840–1940



Yesterday my girlfriend and I went to the Met to check out a few of exhibitions. First was the Egyptian Collection (we walked around and through the Temple of Dendur) and then two spectacular Photo Exhibitions. Lastly, we went and saw Jeff Koons On The Roof.
The two photo exhibitions we saw Framing a Century: Master Photographers, 1840–1940 and Photography on Photography: Reflections on the Medium since 1960 Of these two exhibits, I preferred the Masters Exhibit more. Among the many great masters featured, I was particularly blown away by Henri Cartier-Bresson, Brassai, Man Ray & Walker Evans. I left the exhibit feeling inspired and enlightened by the framing of Brassai's work and the critical moments captured by Bresson.
I can't wait to check out the rest of the museum as well as the other museums in my new city!
- Mike

No comments: