Aug 8, 2006

Awesome hard short ride.

Man... today I put in some hard efforts. I through in a lot of sustained hard efforts and climbed hills with some serious moxy. I worked hard to keep Trek jersey from catching me, from downtown all the way out to Hillside rd, but then, just when I thought I had him beat, and thought that he had given up.... BOOM! He came out of nowhere and shot past me. I popped and ducked in behind him and held on tight. We were carrying a steady 24mph all the way down Hillside rd. He knew I was behind him, but I don't think he knew I was hurting, trying to keep the pace. When we got to the end of Hillside, I followed him down another short road, got next to him and thanked him for making me hurt. It was great to chase someone down and hurt like I would in an upcoming race. Thanks Trek guy!

My stats from this evening's ride:
  • Distance: 25.57miles (Hey don't forget my daily 10 I put in just commuting!)
  • Time: 1:24:43
  • Avg Speed: 18.1mph
  • Max Speed: 39.8 (Lake Ave)

- Mike

No comments: