Dec 4, 2008

Inspired

Jamel Shabazz Street Photographer.
Last night, Aperture and The New School presented a panel discussion featuring Barbara Moore, Martha Rosler, and Jamel Shabazz, each featured in the Street Art, Street Life exhibition at the Bronx Museum of the Arts. Jamel Shabazz's work truly inspired me to break from my structured capturing mode and move to a more personal and more human style of photography. I can't wait to get home from work today and head out to the streets!
I'll be hitting the exhibition at the Bronx Museum of the Arts this weekend. The exhibition examines the street as subject matter, venue, and source of inspiration for contemporary artists and photographers from the late 1950s to the present.
It was great to shake Jamel's hand and talk to him about my own work!

No comments: